Friday, July 24, 2020

Uncertainty



I am bound by the chains of uncertainty, surrounded by chaos and strife. There’s confusion about me on every hand, should I flee or stand up and fight?

I am bound by the chains of uncertainty. I feel I am in over my head. I am sinking into the pit of despair. Is there no Balm in Gilead?

I am bound by the chains of uncertainty. I do not know where to go. I cannot find a place where there is peace on the earth. If there is, how shall I know?

I am bound by the chains of uncertainty. The time is going by fast. If I do not do something soon, I will die. Oh, how long will it last?

I am bound by the chains of uncertainty. The night full of darkness and fear is settling in all about me. Is there no light left in here?

I am bound by the chains of uncertainty. I am falling upon my knees. Dear God, please take away my fear. Will you help me, Lord, please?

I will break the chains of uncertainty. I will calm the raging sea. Take my hand, my child, I am here today. Will you not come and follow me?

No longer bound by the chains of uncertainty, I am bathed in peace and light. No matter what happens around me, I am held by the Lord of Life.

©2020 by Denise W. Anderson, all rights reserved.


2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful question and answer dialogue that speaks right to the heart! So often I find myself “bound by the chains of uncertainty” and these words remind me where I can go to find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Camille. You said it so well.

    ReplyDelete