Monday, January 20, 2020

Fight Fear With Faith




What if I do not pass this test that is before me now? What if I fall short or do not make the grade somehow? What if my strength is not near enough and I fall flat on my face?  What if my mistakes are so evident that I end up a sore disgrace?

What if my voice quivers and cracks and cannot sing with a pure tone? What if my mind goes blank and I look like I am in some other zone? What if my feet trip over a crack or bump that is in my way? What if I lose my notes and just don’t know what to say?

What if I see the light but cannot open my eyes? What if someone I should have known appears in a disguise? What if the sun and moon and stars simply fall down from the sky? What if spaghetti and meatballs just happen when I am passing by?

Okay, I see the simple point. My fears are nothing more than my mind playing tricks like shifting sands upon the rocky shore. It wants a sure foundation upon which to build but because I cannot see the end, these thoughts refuse to yield.

I want safety, security, comfort and ease that do not move or rescind, but fear is funny, it changes and shifts, like the fluttering wind. I want to know before I begin that I will not lose my way. I want to know I’ll still be standing at the close of day!

My dearest child, I’m here for you, you do not walk alone. Follow me, the way is sure, the path is paved with stone. I will guide and help, comfort and bless as you travel this unknown way. I will lead you on this uncharted road, and be with you till the end of day.

You are precious to me indeed; I will not leave you to chance. Take my hand, we’ll go together, I’ll teach you how to dance. Failure is nothing more, you see, than the process of learning how. It means you have things you need to depend on me for, yes, right now.

As you humbly look to me, I’ll give you the strength you need. Together, you see, we’ll work it out, yes, with me, you will succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment